The Multimodal Planning & Environment Division of TTI consists of three programs:
The Planning and Engagement Program provides research innovations and coordinated support to sponsors in the areas of public engagement planning and public opinion research. Core functionalities include services such as:
- public engagement and outreach,
- public opinion data collection and analysis,
- travel behavior research survey design consultation,
- investment prioritization,
- establishment and assessment of performance-based measures, and
- targeted messaging.
The Planning and Environment Program The conducts research to advance environmental planning and management, transportation planning, and the linkages between regional planning and project planning in support of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and to accelerate the project development process. The Program delivers innovative practical research solutions to:
- transportation agencies at the national, state, and local levels;
- non-governmental organizations; and
- the private sector.
The Transit Mobility Program provides research and technology transfer expertise in all aspects of public transportation planning, management and operations. Program researchers bring a combination of direct operational skills in fixed route, paratransit, commuter bus and fixed guideway transit; and nationwide research experience in metropolitan, urban and rural transit systems. Research projects result in practical, actionable recommendations for enhancing transit access, efficiency, effectiveness, safety, funding and sustainability.